What to Expect During Healing
I. Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will be darker and bolder in colour than after the healing is done. The tattoo can feel like a sunburn afterwards but there should be
II. The tattoo will be very dark up to day 5 and then by day
III. Around day 10-14 you will think your tattoo fell out and did not work. This is not true, you just have to be patient, and see that by 4 weeks, when the skin regenerates, the colour will come back. If there are any spots that are too light or maybe did not hold from oily skin, health conditions, or not following the aftercare directions, the second touch up is when we fill in the gaps and perfect.
V. The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the final colour of the tattoo is exposed and the touchup can be completed.
How to Take Care of Your Cosmetic Tattoo
It is very important to take care of your new cosmetic tattoo.
following the steps below, you will keep you tattoos looking awesome
- Give it a warm wash (just water, or Dr.Bronner’s soap with no scent)
twice a day and dab with a clean paper towel to dry
- No makeup on the tattoo for at least 10-14 days
- Apply a clean natural moisturizer sparingly only if they get very tight and dry
- If you use a special face wash, don’t get it on the tattoo
- Always apply sunscreen
- Avoid the sun while they are healing
- No exercise the day of
- No pools or saunas for 2 weeks
- Do not pick at the scabs, this will pull the pigment from the skin
- Do not thread or wax while the tattoo is healing
- Try to keep them dry while showering
- No acne or ageing products while healing
- Do not tint the area for 4 weeks